Designing a Data Solution with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Formato: Classroom, Live Online, Onsite | Duración: 5 días
El enfoque de este curso dirigido por un instructor de cinco días es la planificación e implementación de soluciones de infraestructura de bases de datos empresariales utilizando SQL Server 2014 y otras tecnologías de Microsoft. Describe cómo consolidar las cargas de trabajo de SQL Server, trabajar con soluciones basadas en la nube on-premise y Microsoft Azure y cómo planificar e implementar soluciones de alta disponibilidad y recuperación de desastres.
Nota: Este curso está diseñado para clientes interesados en aprender SQL Server 2012 o SQL Server 2014. Cubre las nuevas características de SQL Server 2014, pero también las capacidades importantes de la plataforma de datos de SQL Server.
Objetivos del curso
Objetivos del curso
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess an existing enterprise environment.
- Plan and implement Policy-Based Management.
- Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014.
- Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud.
- Use Microsoft Azure storage with SQL Server 2014.
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure virtual machines.
- Describe high availability technologies in SQL Server 2014 and implement log shipping.
- Describe Windows Server Failover Clustering and Implement an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance.
- Implement an Always On Availability Group.
- Plan high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Plan and implement database replication.
This course prepares you for the following certification exam:
- Exam #070-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server
This course is intended for database professionals who need who plan, implement, and manage database solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
• Planning and implementing database infrastructure.
• Planning and implementing consolidation strategies.
• Implementing SQL Server in on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT scenarios.
• Planning and implementing high availability solutions.
• Planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Planning and implementing databases
- Managing databases
- Querying with Transact-SQL
- Some basic knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery
- Some basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and concepts around cloud computing
Contendio del curso
Contenido del curso
Module 1: Introduction to Enterprise Data Architecture
As organizations grow to enterprise scale, their IT infrastructure requirements become more complex and the network environment often includes an increasing number of servers, client computers, network segments, and other components. Because data is fundamental to most IT operations, careful thought must be given to the provisioning and management of databases across the enterprise.
• Considerations for Enterprise Data
• Assessing an Existing Infrastructure
Module 2: Multi-Server Configuration Management
When an enterprise infrastructure includes multiple database servers, it can be useful to standardize and enforce configuration settings in order to ensure compliance and manageability. This module discusses Policy-Based Management in SQL Server, and describes how it can be used together with enterprise configuration management tools such as Microsoft System Center to aid enterprise database server management.
• Policy-Based Management
• Microsoft System Center
Module 3: Consolidating Database Workloads with SQL Server 2014
This module provides an overview of the benefits of consolidating database workloads by using SQL Server 2014, and describes the different options for implementing a consolidation strategy. It also describes how you can manage a consolidated infrastructure in various scenarios.
• Considerations for Database Server Consolidation
• Managing Resources in a Consolidated Database Infrastructure
Module 4: Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions
Cloud computing has risen to prominence very rapidly within the world of IT, and many organizations have implemented or are planning to implement cloud-based solutions that encompass all or part of their infrastructure. This module describes some of the fundamental concepts of cloud computing and outlines how to include SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud infrastructure.
• Overview of Cloud Computing
• SQL Server in a Private Cloud
Module 5: Introduction to Microsoft Azure
Cloud computing has risen to prominence very rapidly within the world of IT, and many organizations have implemented or are planning to implement cloud-based solutions that encompass all or part of their infrastructure. This module describes some of the fundamental concepts of cloud computing and outlines some of the important technologies, such as Microsoft Azure services, that organizations can use to build a cloud-based platform for SQL Server 2014.
• Microsoft Azure Overview
• Microsoft Azure Storage
Module 6: Microsoft Azure SQL Database
Microsoft’s cloud platform includes Microsoft Azure SQL Database, which you can use to use SQL Server to host your databases without having to take on the responsibility of managing SQL Server itself, or the operating system that supports it. This module describes Microsoft Azure SQL Database, including how to provision it, how to implement security, how to manage databases and how to migrate databases to Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
• Introduction to Microsoft Azure SQL Database
• Microsoft Azure SQL Database Security
• Implementing and Managing Databases
Module 7: SQL Server in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
Using virtual machines in Microsoft Azure to host SQL Server instances and databases enables you to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud whilst retaining greater control over the infrastructure than you can when using Microsoft Azure SQL Database. This module explains the benefits and considerations for using virtual machines in Microsoft Azure. It also describes how to create and configure virtual machines in Microsoft Azure, and how to work with SQL Server databases in virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
• Introduction to Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
• Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Connectivity and Security
• Creating Databases in a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
Module 8: Introduction to High Availability in SQL Server 2014
Maintaining highly available database services is vital in a 24 hour operating environment. SQL Server 2014 includes many features that can help organizations to deliver the levels of service they require to drive their businesses. This module explains the different ways that you can implement high availability by using SQL Server 2014. It also describes how to use log shipping to promote resilience for individual user databases.
• High Availability Concepts and Options in SQL Server 2014
• Log Shipping
Module 9: Clustering with Windows Server and SQL Server 2014
SQL Server 2014 is closely integrated with the Windows Server Failover Clustering feature in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, enabling you to create enterprise-class clustering solutions that can deliver comprehensive high availability and disaster recovery solutions. This module explains how Windows Server Failover Clustering and SQL Server AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances work, and describes how to implement clustering to protect service availability.
• Introduction to Windows Server Failover Clustering
• SQL Server AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances
Module 10: AlwaysOn Availability Groups
SQL Server 2014 includes AlwaysOn Availability Groups to provide high availability for groups of databases. This module describes AlwaysOn Availability Groups in SQL Server 2014, explains the key concepts of AlwaysOn Availability Groups, and describes how you can use them to maintain highly available databases.
• Introduction to AlwaysOn Availability Groups
• Working with AlwaysOn Availability Groups
• Considerations for Using AlwaysOn Availability Groups
Module 11: Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
This module describes the planning considerations for high availability and disaster recovery, and provides common implementation scenarios for on-premises, hybrid, and Microsoft Azure environments.
• High Availability and Disaster Recovery with SQL Server 2014
• High Availability and Disaster Recovery for Databases in Microsoft Azure
Module 12: Replicating Data
SQL Server replication enables you to copy and distribute data and database objects to other computers and locations in your enterprise, which can improve availability and scalability. This module provides an overview of SQL Server replication and explains the agents used to implement replication. It also describes some common replication scenarios, how to design an appropriate replication system for your requirements, and how to monitor and troubleshoot replication.
• SQL Server Replication
• Planning Replication