ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Operation
Formato: Classroom, Online, Onsite | Duración: 3 días
El curso se basa en los principios cubiertos como parte del curso de ITIL Foundation. Se centra en los aspectos del ciclo de vida de la Operación del Servicio. El curso abarca la gestión y el control de las actividades y técnicas dentro de la etapa de Operación del Servicio del ciclo de vida, pero no el detalle de cada uno de los procesos de apoyo. Los detalles de nivel inferior de los procesos de Operación del Servicio están cubiertos principalmente en el curso Operational Support and Analysis capability. Adicionalmente, el curso examina el concepto de principios de Operación de Servicio y en las interfaces entre la Operación de Servicio y las otras etapas del Ciclo de Vida del Servicio de ITIL.
Objetivos del curso
Objetivos del curso
- The course forms part of the ITIL qualification programme. This course is worth 3 ITIL Expert Credits. The examination will consist of a complex multiple choice, closed book paper, to be completed within 90 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do not have English as their first language will be allowed 120 minutes to allow use of a dictionary.) The pass mark will be 70% or more. Exam to be charged separately.
- Please note you must bring a copy of your ITIL Foundation exam certificate, this is required in order for you to take the exam associated with this course.
- On successful completion of the course and passing of the subsequent exam 3 number of credits will be awarded by the examining institute.
This course is primarily for IT Managers and Practitioners involved in the strategy, design, implementation and on- going support and delivery of business IT services and those interfacing with information systems who require an insight into Service Management best practice. This may include Business Analysts, Business Relationship Managers, Project and Programme staff.
Delegates are required to meet the following mandatory prerequisites:
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management or earlier ITIL
Contenido del curso
Contenido del curso
Introduction to service operation:
- The purpose, objectives and scope of service operation
- The value to the business
- The context of service operation in the ITIL service lifecycle
- The fundamental aspects of service operation and the ability to define them.
Service operation principles:
- How an understanding of the basic conflict between maintaining the status quo and adapting to changes in business needs can lead to better service operation
- Other service operation principles including: involvement in other lifecycle stages; understanding operational health; the need for good documentation and communication including a communication strategy
- Service operation inputs and outputs.
Service operation processes:
- The use, interaction and value of each of the service operation processes: event management,incident management, request fulfilment, problem management, and access management.
Common service operation activities:
- How the common activities of service operation are co-ordinated for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How monitoring, reporting and control of the services contributes to the ongoing management of the services and the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How the operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages contribute to service operation
- How IT operations staff should look for opportunities to improve the operational activities.
- Organizing for service operation
- The role, objectives and activities of each of the four functions of service operation: service desk,technical management, IT operations management, and application management
- Service operation roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used as well as how a service operation organization would be structured to use these roles.
- The generic requirements of technologies that support service management across all lifecycle stages
- The specific technology required to support the service operation processes and functions.
Implementation of service operation:
- Specific issues relevant to implementing service operation including: managing change in service operation; assessing and managing risk in service operation; operations staff involvement in service design and service transition
- Planning and implementing service management technologies within a company.
Challenges, critical success factors and risks:
- The challenges (e.g. engagement with staff outside service operation, justifying funding), critical success factors (e.g. management and business support, staff retention) and risks (e.g. loss of service) related to service operation.