Administering Windows Server 2012
Format: Classroom, Live Online, Onsite | Durada: 5 dies
Aquest curs és la segona part d’una sèrie de tres cursos, que proporcionen les habilitats i coneixements necessaris per implementar una infraestructura bàsica de Windows Server 2012 en un entorn empresarial existent. Els tres cursos en total cobriran col·lectivament la implementació, gestió, manteniment i provisió de serveis i infraestructura en un entorn Windows Server 2012. A pesar de que existeix un cert cross-over en habilitats i tasques a través dels cursos, aquest curs cobrirà principalment les tasques d’administració necessàries per mantenir una infraestructura de Windows Server 2012, com administració d’usuaris i grups, accés a xarxes i seguretat de dades.
Objectius del curs
Objectius del curs
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage user desktops with Group Policy.
- Manage user and service accounts.
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Configure and troubleshoot Domain Name System (DNS).
- Configure and troubleshoot Remote Access.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server (NPS) role.
- Implement Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Optimize file services.
- Configure encryption and advanced auditing.
- Deploy and maintain server images.
- Implement Update Management.
- Monitor Windows Server 2012.
This course prepares you for the following certification exam:
- Exam #70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment, who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 environment. The key focus for students in this course is to broaden the initial deployment of Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure and provide the skills necessary to manage and maintain a domain based Windows Server 2012 environment, such as user and group management, network access and data security.
Candidates would typically be System Administrators or aspiring to be System Administrators. They must have at least one year hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment. Candidates must also have knowledge equivalent to that already covered in “20410A: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012” course as this course will build upon that knowledge.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least one year of experience working with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Active Directory and networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge equivalent to that already covered in “20410A: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012”.
Contingut del curs
Contingut del curs
Module 1: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
This module covers how to implement a Group Policy infrastructure and then how to configure and manage that infrastructure. It also covers how to scope Group Policy objects (GPOs) using links, security groups, WMI filters, loopback processing, and preference targeting as well as covering troubleshooting policy application.
• Understanding Group Policy
• Implementing GPOs
• Managing Group Policy Scope
• Group Policy Processing
• Troubleshooting Policy Application
• Lab: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
Module 2: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
This module covers implementing administrative templates, how to configure GPO preferences and folder redirection as well as managing software with Group Policy.
• Implementing Administrative Templates
• Configuring Group Policy Preferences
• Managing Software with GPSI
• Lab: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
Module 3: Managing User and Service Accounts
This module covers how to create and administer user accounts as well as configure user object attributes. It also covers automating user account creation and configuring Managed Service Accounts.
• Creating and Administering User Accounts
• Configuring User Object Attributes
• Automating User Account Creation
• Configuring Managed Service Accounts
• Lab: Managing User and Service Accounts
Module 4: Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
This module covers how to implement Virtualized and Read Only Domain Controllers as well as how to perform common AD DS administrative tasks. The module will also cover how to manage the AD DS database.
• Implementing Virtualized Domain Controllers
• Implementing Read Only Domain Controllers
• Administering AD DS
• Managing the AD DS Database
• Lab: Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
Module 5: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
This module covers installing and configuring the DNS server role as well as creating and configuring DNS zones and zone transfers. It will also cover managing and troubleshooting DNS.
• Installing the DNS Server Role
• Configuring the DNS Server Role
• Configuring DNS Zones
• Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
• Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
• Lab: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access
This module covers configuring network access, creating and configuring virtual private networks (VPNs) and Network Policies as well as troubleshooting routing and remote access. It will also cover configuration of DirectAccess.
• Configuring Network Access
• Configuring VPN Access
• Overview of Network Policies
• Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
• Configuring DirectAccess
• Lab: Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access
Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role
This module covers installing and configuring NPS as well as remote authentication dial in user service (RADIUS) clients and servers. It will also deal with NPS authentication methods and monitoring and troubleshooting a NPS.
• Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
• Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
• NPS Authentication Methods
• Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
• Lab: Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
Module 8: Implementing Network Access Protection
This module will provide an overview of NAP, detailing the functionality and infrastructure requirements. It will also cover configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting NAP.
• Overview of Network Access Protection
• How NAP Works
• Configuring NAP
• Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
• Lab: Implementing Network Access Protection
Module 9: Optimizing File Services
This module covers File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) and how to use it to implement Quotas, file screens and Storage Reports. It will also outline how to implement Classification Management and File Management Tasks as well as covering how to implement DFS, DFS Namespaces and configuring and troubleshooting DFS Replication.
• Overview of FSRM
• Using FSRM to Manage Quotas, File Screens, and Storage Reports
• Implementing Classification Management and File Management Tasks
• DFS Overview
• Configuring DFS Namespaces
• Configuring and Troubleshooting DFS Replication
• Lab: Lab A: Configuring Quotas and File Screening Using FSRM
• Lab: Lab B: Configuring DFS Namespaces and Replication
Module 10: Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
This module covers how to increase file system security by configuring file encryption with Encrypting File System (EFS) as well as how to enable and implement advanced auditing features.
• Encrypting Network Files with EFS
• Configuring Advanced Auditing
• Lab : Lab A: Encrypting and Recovering Files
• Lab : Lab B: Implementing Advanced Audit Policy Configuration
Module 11: Deploying and Maintaining Server Images
This module covers the features and functionality of Windows Deployment Services (WDS) as well as providing considerations for its use. It will also cover how to Perform deployments with WDS.
• Overview of WDS
• Implementing Deployment with WDS
• Administering WDS
• Lab: Deploying and Maintaining Server Images Using Windows Deployment Services
Module 12: Implementing Update Management
This module covers the features and functionality of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) as well as detailing how to provision updates with WSUS.
• Overview of WSUS
• Deploying Updates with WSUS
• Lab: Implementing Update Management
Module 13: Monitoring Windows Server 2012
This module covers the various monitoring tools available in Windows Server 2012. It will cover the use of Performance Monitor as well as how to monitor and successfully utilize Event logs.
• Monitoring Tools
• Using Performance Monitor
• Monitoring Event Logs
• Lab: Monitoring Windows Server 2012