VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze & Predict v5.6
Format: Classroom, Onsite | Durada: 2 dies
Aquest curs per usuaris experimentats de VMware® vSphere® ensenya habilitats en l’ús de VMware® vCenter ™ Operations Manager ™ com una eina forense i predictiva.
El curs es basa en VMware ESXi ™ 5.x, VMware® vCenter Server ™ 5.x i vCenter Operations Manager 5.x.
Objectius del curs
Objetius del curs
By the end of the course, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand major and minor badges and their underlying metrics.
- Use these badges to find the root causes of common operational issues in a vSphere environment.
- Perform capacity management and what-if analyses.
- Use the Operations tab, the Planning tab, the Alerts tab, the Analysis tab, and the Reports tab.
- Navigate the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 user interface.
- Use heat maps and create a custom heat map.
- Use smart alerts to detect system issues.
- Articulate the use case for the new policy structure in vCenter Operations Manager and how it can be used to define configuration settings for objects in a vSphere environment.
- Work with groups to classify virtual objects in logical and business-related structures and how to apply them to policies.
- Define new use cases based on the optimized integration with VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™ products like VMware® vCenter Configuration Manager™, VMware® vFabric™ Hyperic®, VMware® vCenter™ Infrastructure Navigator™, and other adapters.
- Experienced system administrators and system integrators.
- Hands-on experience administering vSphere 5 deployments
- Recommended: Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5]
Contingut del curs
Contingut del curs
• Outline the necessary information to effectively undertake this course
• Identify resources for additional information
• Outline an overview of Site Recovery Manager
Overview and Architecture
• Examine disaster recovery options with Site Recovery Manager
• Describe Site Recovery Manager integration with VMware vSphere® Web Client
• Discuss Site Recovery Manager features
• Analyze Site Recovery Manager storage policies and integration options
• Discuss how Site Recovery Manager supports several disaster recovery topologies
• Identify use cases for Site Recovery Manager across various scenarios
• Compare disaster recovery with VMware vCloud® Air™ and Site Recovery Manager
Installing Site Recovery Manager
• Identify the necessary components to deploy and use Site Recovery Manager
• Describe prerequisites for installing a Site Recovery Manager server and the associated database
• Describe prerequisites for the Site Recovery Manager database
• Discuss requirements for VMware ESXi™ hosts and virtual machines with which Site Recovery Manager operates
• Install the Site Recovery Manager software
• Describe the Site Recovery Manager site-pairing process
• Define the credentials required for Site Recovery Manager site pairing
Configuring Inventory Mappings
• Outline the importance of inventory mappings
• Examine configuration options for inventory mappings
• Outline the importance of placeholders
• Describe array-based replication
• Describe vSphere Replication
• Compare Site Recovery Manager storage replication options
• Describe storage replication adapters
• Describe the process for adding an array manager in Site Recovery Manager
• Explore vSphere Replication architecture
• Examine vSphere Replication functionality
• Formulate use cases for vSphere Replication
• Deploy a vSphere Replication appliance
• Configure vSphere Replication appliance settings
• Configure a vSphere Replication appliance connection
• Deploy a vSphere Replication server
• Register a vSphere Replication server
Configuring vSphere Replication
• Configure vSphere Replication for virtual machines
• Explain the importance of datastore mappings
• Describe vSphere Replication recovery point objective scheduling
• Describe the vSphere Replication disk transfer protocol
Building Protection Groups
• Define protection group functionality
• Examine the differences between array-based protection group, protection groups based on vSphere Replication, and storage profile protection groups
• Create a protection group
• Discuss protection group settings
• Remove protection from a virtual machine
• Create a storage profile protection group
Building Recovery Plans
• Discuss recovery plan concepts
• List recovery plan steps
• Discuss network planning
• Discuss customization options in recovery planning
• Recognize Site Recovery Manager alarm options
• Outline how to implement a recovery plan
• Investigate recovery plan options
• Describe the customization of recovery plans
Testing and Running a Recovery Plan
• Discuss use cases for Site Recovery Manager
• Describe planned migration
• Identify Site Recovery Manager workflows
• Discuss the importance of VMware vSphere® VMFS resignaturing
• Examine Site Recovery Manager integration with various vSphere technologies
• Outline how to conduct a recovery plan test
• Perform recovery plan test execution
• Identify the effects on the storage layer during recovery steps
• Review recovery plan reports
• Explain a recovery plan execution in planned migration or disaster recovery mode
• Understand storage layer changes for plan execution types
• Identify the recovery steps for each execution type
• Describe how to reprotect a data center
• Examine failback steps